On Monday, December 8, 2014 the library’s main computer system which includes the catalog, the check-in and check-out functions, and access to many of our online resources, such as e-book downloads and reference database access will be unavailable for the entire day while our software receives a major upgrade. We expect to be back online on Tuesday, December 9, at our regular opening time of 10:00 am.
The library WILL be open on December 8. Patrons will still be able to check out and return books and other media at the library. Our public computers will be online and available for use. WiFi in the library will also be working.
Here’s what WILL NOT be available on December 8:
- Catalog searching
- Placing holds online
- Viewing your patron record
- Paying fines online
- Creating a temporary library card
- Access to anything requiring you to enter a barcode including:
- OverDrvie (ebook and audiobook downloads)
- Brainfuse (homework help)
- Databases such as Ancestry.com, Career Cruising and others)
We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Please feel free to call us at 631-725-0049 if you have any questions.